Log in

Busy week last week....sleepy - Turtle Freak [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
Turtle Freak

[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

Busy week last week....sleepy [Jun. 22nd, 2008|12:47 am]
Turtle Freak
Last week was a pretty long week, but now I'm back to the grind...kind of. I'm still taking a break from Novi so I still have the next two Monday's off, but a month of reduced hours is starting to get to me. I may have to actually deposit my stimulus check to cover some bills. Blah.

Things with Tony and I are going really well and I'm happy. It's a great feeling.

Last weekend we went up to Tawas for a wedding. We camped at the state campground which was a lot of fun. I haven't camped in a long time, so it was really cool. We liked it so much, we're planning another, slightly longer trip next month with his neice and nephew, maybe his sister if we can talk her into it. The wedding was cool too. It was a guy that used to be on the department with Tony. He had stopped running right before I got my medic, so I didn't know him, but it was cool. Two other members plus a former member (your cousin, Falcon) were up there too, and it was a good time. Lots of beer was had by all.

Unfortunately, when I got home on Sunday, I had to repack to leave for Pennsylvania the next morning (at 5AM) for my aunt's funeral. Aunt Maxine was diagnosed with lung cancer just about a year ago, so it wasn't completely unexpected, but we all thought she would have more time. She had found out Monday that the cancer had spread to her abdoman (you know me, being a medical person, I'd like more specific details, but it wasn't really appropriate to question my uncle and cousins about the specifics). She had chemo on Tuesday and died Thursday night. It was kind of a blessing in disguise I guess- she should have been with us longer, but at least she didn't have to deal with the pain of cancer throughout her body.

So, we were in PA for two and a half days. I hadn't seen my entire family, cousins and everything, since my sister's wedding almost 5 years ago, so it was nice to see everyone, even if it was for a sad occassion. Then on the way home, we went through Punxutawney and visited the old farm. It was fun reminiscing and seeing the town and farm again.

Now I'm just chilling, about to go to bed early on a Saturday night off. I had planned to spend an evening with Tony since I was gone all week, but he got an opportunity for OT, and since one OT shift for him is about what I make in a week, he knows I'll never be mad about him working instead. We work so few days a month (him 9, me 12...really. That's all I'm scheduled to work, but I always pick up so many shifts, it seems like I'm always working. I don't have to be though!) we can always reschedule a date night. Plus, he works alone, so I'm always able to hang with him at work. Of course, if anyone asks, we were just having a quick dinner together, and I was leaving....not hanging out for 5 hours.

Anyway, I don't have anything else to ramble about. I'm posting new pics in my mySpace from the wedding and PA, and then I'm heading to bed.